Naming conventions as fat burner.
I like to follow conventions, specially naming conventions. They are a good thing. No need to be as radical as Rails, but to a degree that is not a hidrance and it's easier to figure out the conventions rather than having to learn and study for a month before you can start coding.
- Map filenames to and directories.
- Resource URL/URI to method properties and namespaces.
- DDBB table names to resources and columns to properties.
- Event handlers and event types. Commands to event types.
- Consistent naming on methods and signatures to expose patterns and favor composition and strategy patterns.
- Map configuration values to object property names.